A couple of years ago when Internet-enabled smartphones had not yet surfaced, It was pretty easy to use a cell phone. Those days, a cell phone was basically used to send and receive text messages as well as make phone calls. However, as years went by, cell phones became smaller, thinner, and more feature-rich. Currently, there’s a smartphone craze and mobile broadband that has changed the whole cellphone landscape. Make sure to take advantage of it you use T-mobile Offers and discount codes to save on any new device you buy or for a comparison of these check out our page on Sprint deals and promos
If you want to access the Internet on your smartphone, you need to set it up via APN (Access Point Name) settings so that you can surf the web, retrieve email, and send multimedia messages.
Symptoms of incorrect internet settings can include:
- Cannot view web pages
- Cannot set up or download email
- Messaging services like WhatsApp and Facebook will not connect
- Cannot load Google Play Store or Apple app store
- Cannot download or update apps
- Weather information or widgets will not load information
T Mobile Internet Settings for Android, T-Mobile Settings for Galaxy S4, T-Mobile APN Settings for Sony Xperia Z, T-Mobile APN Settings for HTC One X and other related android device are given below. Learn how to setup and configure T-Mobile APN settings on your Android device. These same settings can also be used to setup T- mobile APN for unlocked android phones.
Getting your Android handset online can be a challenge when it comes to putting the settings in manually but don’t worry, here are the steps for T Mobile APN & MMS Settings for Android Phone.
From the home screen:
- Tap the Menu
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless and networks or .. (depending on your version of Android).
- Tap Mobile Networks.
- Tap Access point names.
- Tap the Menu
- Tap New APN.
- Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
Name T-Mobile US
MMS Proxy 220.127.116.11
MMS Port blank
Authentication type not set
APN Type default
APN protocol IPv4
- Tap the Menu
- Tap Save.
- Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.
- Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working.
If your phone iPhone (iOS), this guide shows you how to setup T-Mobile 4G APN in the US. There are many reasons you may want to setup your device; it could be new or you might be using an unlocked phone and you’re switching carriers. Whatever your reason, these settings should setup your device for mobile Internet on T-Mobile.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘General’.
- Tap ‘Cellular’ and then ‘Cellular Data Network’.
- Select ON for ‘Mobile Data’ if it is off.
- Tap ‘APN’.
- Fill in the details for each field for the T-Mobile US 4G frequency (as shown in the settings details below).
- Return Home by hitting Home button.
- Test the settings by launching a web page in the browser
For the settings details:
- Name: T-Mobile
- APN: epc.tmobile.com
- Proxy: (leave blank)
- Port: (leave blank)
- Username: (leave lank)
- Password: (leave blank)
- Server: (leave blank)
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS Proxy: 261.155.165.050
- MMS Port: 8080
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication Type: (blank)
- Type: default, supl, admin, dun, MMS
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
MMS APN Settings
From the home screen of the device:
- Select Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Configuration
- Select Personal settings
- Select Options
- Select Add new
- Select Multimedia msg
- Select Account name, enter T-Mobile MMS and Select OK
- Select Server address, enter http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc and Select OK
- Select Use pref. acc. pt. and Select No
- Select Acc point sett.
- Select Proxy and Select Enable
- Select Proxy address, enter 18.104.22.168 and Select OK
- Select Proxy port, enter leave blank/not set and Select OK
- Select Bearer settings
- Select Pack. data acc. pt., enter epc.tmobile.com (for 3g service) OR fast.tmobile.com (for LTE/4G service) and Select OK
- Select Username, enter leave blank/not set and Select OK
- Select Back three times
- Press and hold your finger on the T-Mobile MMS name and Select Activate
- Select Back
- Select Def. config. sett. and Select Personal config
- Select Default
- Select Back twice to return to the home screen
Save this and then select this APN. You can now connect to internet after 2 minutes (if not working please try restarting your device and then connect).